What are you thankful for?
On May 25, 2016 at The Rialto Theatre, Room to Read is hosting their annual cocktail party fundraiser. THANKS TO EDUCATION is the 2016 theme.
HOW HAS EDUCATION MADE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR LIFE?
60 cities around the world are hosting THANKS TO EDUCATION fundraisers to celebrate 10 million children impacted by Room to Read programming from 2000- 2015. Do not miss this special Montreal party to celebrate such an exciting milestone in the history of Room to Read and the movement towards Global Literacy.
Exceptional silent auction items will be available for bidding throughout the evening to get our fundraising off to a good start!
In 2015, $210,000.00 was raised at our annual fundraiser which hosted more than 350 guests. Every dollar raised directly funded Room to Read’s programs. Thanks to our generous sponsors and the Montreal community, the Montreal Chapter of Room to Read has raised $500,000 since its inception in 2012. Let’s give THANKS TO EDUCATION and make 2016 another great year for Room to Read!
Educated women are healthier
Just ONE ADDITIONAL YEAR of girls’ education can reduce infant mortality by 10% and make girls less likely to contract HIV/AIDS and other preventable diseases.
– UNESCO Institute for Statistics, 2012
Thank you to our generous sponsors and in-kind donors.
- All sales are final. There are no exchanges or refunds.
- All items are sold “as is.” Items are described based on the information provided by donors.
- The auction will close at exactly 9:15 p.m.
- Payment must be made in full on May 25th, 2016.
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express, cheques and cash are accepted.
- Each bidder agrees to absolve Room to Read, its volunteers, and the prize donors from any liability.
PAUL COLEMANTERN Financial Group
Julian HaberJulian Haber Photography
SCOTT HENDERSONTraxxall Technologies
PASQUALE L. IACOBACCITKNL, Experience Makers
Katya LavioletteTC Transcontinental
Kim LevanSimone Perele
CATHERINE MELLING TURNER
WILLIAM POLUSHINAMAXIS Inc.
Maud UrbasMcGill University Advancement